Dr.med.dent. Georgios Romanos, D.D.S., D.M.D., Ph.D.
aktuelles CV in PDF Format
Clinical Professor of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry, New York University, New York, USA and
Associate Professor of Oral Surgery and Implantology, University of Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
Director of Laser Sciences at the College of Dentistry of the New York University
1964: Born in Athens, Greece
1982-1987: Graduate studies of Dentistry at the Athens University (D.D.S.)
1988: D.M.D. title, received from the University of Berlin, Germany
1987-1990: Postgraduate specialty Program of Periodontics at the Free University of Berlin
(Head and Chairman: Prof. Dr. Dr. J.-P. Bernimoulin)
1990: Doctoral Thesis (Dr. med. dent.) in the area of extracellular matrix characteristics in the healthy periodontium (Degree: very good).
Different research activities in the connective tissue research, gingival overgrowth pathology, wound healing, immunohistochemistry.
1990-1993: Postgraduate specialty Program of Prosthodontics with main interest focused on the perio-prostho-relationships, implant-supported suprastructures at the Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg (Head and Chairman: Prof. Dr. J.R. Strub)
- Assistant Professor for Clinical Prosthodontics, Dental School Freiburg
- Research Projects in the area of: Wound Healing mechanisms, Extracellular Matrix characteristics, peri-implant pathology, Laser applications in Dentistry.
1993-1996: Postgraduate specialty Program of Oral Surgery at the Dept. of Oral Surgery and Implantology at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe-University Frankfurt, Dental School-Carolinum (Head and Chairman:Prof. Dr. G.-H. Nentwig)
1996: Certificate in Oral Surgery and Implantology
1996-2003: Assistant Professor for Oral Surgery, Dental School Frankfurt
- Clinical experience especially in the regenerative surgical procedures, implant surgery and prosthodontics with different implant systems; laser surgery. Research topics: bone healing, bone engineering, periodontal/peri-implant regeneration, wound healing, ridge augmentation procedures, laser applications, soft tissue pathology, collagen research, immediate loading of implants, bone healing around immediate loaded implants, periimplantitis treatment
- 2003: “HABILITATIONSSCHRIFT” (Ph.D.) with the title:
“Immediate loading of endosseous implants in the posterior area of the mandible. Animal and Clinical studies” (published 2005 by Quintessence Publisher, Berlin)
2003-today: Associate Professor for Oral surgery and Implantology, Dental School Frankfurt
August, 1, 2004: Clinical Professor (full time) at the New York University, New York, USA (College of Dentistry, Dept. of Implant Dentistry (Head and Chairman: Dr. D. Tarnow)
October, 1, 2005-2009: Clinical Professor of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry at the New York University, New York, NY, USA (College of Dentistry, Dept. of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry (Head and Chairman: Dr. D. Tarnow)
2010-today: Professor of Clinical Dentistry, Eastman Department of Dentistry and Director of Laser Dentistry Unit of the University of ROCHESTER Medical Center
Director of Laser Sciences at the New York University, College of Dentistry
Diplomate of the International College of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
Active Member in the Wound Healing Society, selected Member in different Dental research Associations.
Fellow of the Pierre Fauchard Academy
-Executive Committee Member of the International Society for Lasers in Dentistry (ISLD) for the period 2002-2004
-Executive Committee Member of the World Federation for Laser Dentistry (WFLD) for the period 2006-2008
- Country representative member of the WFLD for USA (2006-2008)
Chairman of the World Federation of Laser Dentistry for the North American Division incl. Canada (2006-2008)
-Executive Board Member in the German Association of Lasers in Dentistry 1994-2005
- Honorary member of the Spanish Society of Lasers in Dentistry (SELO) from 2001
- Visiting Consultant and Scholar, University of Malaya (Unit of Implantology), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Visiting Ass. Professor, Dept. of Pathology, University of Utah, Salt Lake, U.S.A.
- Visiting Professor of Implantology and Laser Dentistry by the APCD, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Editorial Board Member in the Journal of Periodontology (American Academy of Periodontology), 2000-2006
Editorial Board Member in the Journal of Oral Implantology (American Academy of Implant Dentistry): 2001-2006
Editorial Board Member in the Journal of Oral Laser Applications (Quintessence Publisher) from 2001
Assistant Editor in the Implant Dentistry (ICOI) from 2005
Editorial Board Member in the International Journal of Oral Maxillofacial Implants (IJMOI) from 2006
Editorial Board member in “Implantologie” (German, Quintessence Publ)
Editorial Board Member in the “Revista da Academia Brasileira de Odontologia "(BRAZILIAN Academy of dentistry )
- Diplomate of Oral Implantology in the German Society of Oral Implantology (BDIZ)
- Who,s Who in the World in 2000
- EU Who,s Who in 2002
- Who,s Who in Medicine and Healthcare in 2002-2003
- Who,s Who in Science and Engineering, 7th Edition in 2003-2004.
Author of more than 120 scientific publications and book chapters
Main Author of the book "Atlas of Laser oral surgical procedures" (German Edition)(Urban and Fisher Publisher, Munich 1999).
More than 200 oral presentations in different international scientific Congresses, daily courses in different countries especially Europe, South East Asian Pacific region and USA.